Wednesday 1 August 2018

THE LOOK

                wow, I haven't posted an article in awhile!..lets just say I had a case of 'writer's block'!...so I was hibernating ..I hibernate a lot in all aspects of my life anyways..in my sleep pattern,in my friendships, relationships etc..let's talk about my sleep pattern..every night I have to watch movies to make me tired so I can sleep..and by that I mean close my tired eyes and just float!..I'm never 'out' completely except I'm tipsy..I can't hold my liquor so even drinking just a bottle of Hunter's gold or Gordon's Spark or Savannah Dry, I'll be knocked out!..then I can sleep deep!..but on the whole I'm a light sleeper..even if an ant farts I'll wake up!..and when two mating mosquitoes reach orgasm dierr I'll be awake all night and even 'hibernation' goes out the window!..sigh!!!...
       With friendships/relationships I practice 'hibernation' not by choice but by circumstances ..also because I don't have control over how they relate to me or how important the relationship is to them...when the beat picks up again I come out of hibernation and the tango or waltz or chachacha or whatever dance we were having before the lapse continues and everybody is happy!..but I digress from the main topic for this article!..what else is new..hahahahhahah..
      So rember how our folks used to chastise us when we went wrong or misbehaved during our childhood days?yes they resorted to the good old reliable 'cane' to 'flog' you into shape..or give you a coupla hard  knocks to the back of your head !..if that didn't do the trick then I don't know what else would cos I still feel the dents in my skull till this day. ..lol...and there was the 'LOOK'..ei!,when mummy 'bore' ,chale she was summin else mehn!..and then she'll give you the 'look'..you sef you go make 'steady'!..those were the times when there was no need for words..literally no words,but you'll get the picture..you'll understand her body language. for e.g...you know those instances when grownups are gathered having a good time,laughing,arguing and whatnot then you as a child happened to be hovering around laughing too!..and getting into the conversation with them!..and mummy will just go very still,stony-faced,stares at you with clenched jaws and my favorite,pursed lips!!..you'll just slink away into your corner sharp sharp!...hahahahha...if you like don't 'disappear' on your own cos when she lays those hands on you,you'll pray for the floor to open up and swallow you like it happens in the Kumawood movies!
       Come to think of it,how did we know at that young age to know what that 'look' meant?maybe it's cos we knew in our heart or hearts we were doing something wrong..the guilty are always afraid and your conscience never lies..and even as kids we know the basics of what is good and bad because we see it around us..our parents, though not always perfect chastise us and correct us when we're going astray...'do-what-I-say-and-not-what-I-do-syndrome sorta' ..I miss those days when I had someone to give me the look whenever I was 'losing my way'...when people actually cared and showed it by words and deeds..these days 'the look' could mean anything from 'I'll kill you!'(literally..people are really full of hatred nowadays ) to 'why should you be happy and not me' or 'when I get me hands on you I'll bang the living daylights outta you and discard you like a used toilet roll(goes for both men and women in this our era of sexual liberation!) !'...basically,all instances practically mean the same doggone thing..nutin positive there..all negative energy..
          Apparently i have my own 'look' is what I've been told several times by family,esp my sisters,and close friends..I take a pic and it comes out looking like I was constipating!..and when I smile,at least that's what I was attempting,it comes out like a snarl..ma sis calls it the goatish smile...that's why i try to avoid fake 'plastic' smiles ..if I happen to be laughing already and the pic is taken,all well n good!..DO YOU HAVE  A LOOK?A POSITIVE LOOK THAT UPLIFTS?..OR A NEGATIVE LOOK THAT DESTROYS OR JUDGES OR HATES?
       How did we get here?..how did everything get so confusing?..where did our compassion for humanity go?how did good become bad and vice versa?..recently a friend of mine stood me up and I told him off!..he didn't show any sign of remorse,like it was normal to give your word and not keep it..and I was the abnormal weirdo who was a stickler for principles and common courtesy..he actually got irritated with me and said  ' so you haven't stopped these things..I'm praying for you,that's all I can do now!'..wow!..I just sat there in my room gobsmacked ,staring at his text and wondering what the hell was wrong with people!..how did I end up being the bad guy in that scenario?..and one wonders why I go into hibernation!..chale the negativity is just too overwhelmingly overwhelming and there's so much one can take!..by the way,another word for 'hibernation ' is blocking the person on all fronts so they can't contact me again..*wink wink*..
   And speaking of 'courtesy' what happened to that book entitled 'courtesy for boys and girls'?..it wasn't a fancy book..just somebody's list on morals and manners for the youth..but i think it should be for adults too cos when you learn things in your youth you should take it into your adulthood. .and there's nothing wrong with refreshing your memory by reading that book when you're older..the worse thing is when you have to deal with an old fool...a fool at 40,is always a fool forever'!...I didn't say that;someone else did and I concur!...pls bring back the book 'COURTESY FOR BOYS AND GIRLS' and ADULTS should be added..it would serve as a positive guidance tool for those who didn't have the experience of 'the look' from our parents guardians..we really really need it..even as adults we need someone or something to crack the whip once in awhile when we're veering off the right path...
       Anything I say here affects me too..I speak mostly from experience,both good and bad..people open up to me a lot so I know I'm not alone in this wish..sometimes i give them the look when necessary..every one has something they're dealing with and just need someone who would listen and encourage them..I need one too...I'm human..I got my shortcomings..I got days when I'm so drained emotionally and wanna just give up..days when I feel so alone tho surrounded by people..I'm sure we've all had that moment one time or the other..during these times I wish for another kind of 'look'. .the one that says,'I've got you'!..one that means 'let go of your worries,I'll catch u!'...'I got you!'. People need to hear that...they need to know someone worries about them..tell people how you feel about them ...that's why Ronan Keaton's IF TOMORROW NEVER COMES  will always be one of  my all time favorite songs, ever!!!..thanx for reading!..#shalom #gaylesgifts
 



No comments: