Wednesday 27 September 2017

tangled earphone cords

Relationships and its dynamism has always been an enigma to me and I'm sure to most of the world's population as well..the consequences of being together with someone in the name of love or otherwise is what I'm relating to my blog title 'tangled earphones'..I'll tell you in a bit why i look at it that way.
            I'm a crazy music-lover!..music is indeed food to the soul..whenever I'm down..or up...or in between anything in my life, music is what takes me there ..or brings me down(in a good way)!..so of cos I own earphones! ..whenever I'm on a long trip anywhere I have my earphones on listening to some reggae mos def!..one thing that has always baffled me though is/was the earphone cords and how after I've put it down, untangled, after each use,the next time I pick it up for the next usage I find it tangled up again!..every single damn time!...I'll untangle it to use and put it away and it's all tangled up for sure..so I go through the process of untangling the earphones all the time..i really wish i knew how that phenomenon occurs. .if you know please tell me!..it's frustratingly frustrating but it must be done if I want to listen to my music..no pain,no gain..it is what it is!...it's a mystery but i do it anyway.
            You now get my analogy of relating relationships to the mystery of the tangled earphones?..I'm sure the hoi polloi(a phrase i just learnt yesterday and decided to use it so i don't forget it..hehehhe...thanx Russell !) would get it..we don't get the relationship dynamism but we do it anyway..though sometimes it causes lots of irreparable damage..sometimes it works well for other couples..there are cases where people have been together for as long as 7decades or more and would want to do it all over again with that same person..there's no hard and fast rule when it comes to these things..nothing is guaranteed..you learn 'on the job'...no two relationships are the same..you 'untangle' whatever 'rut' you and your partner find yourself in and everything is all good and dandy and the next minute you're all 'tangled up' again and the process starts all over again..the cycle continues like clockwork ..or anti clockwise depending on how you look at it. .
                The beginning of most relationships is always beautiful..you meet someone. .sparks fly..you are drawn to each other by some unnatural force..chemistry is what they call it..then you have the urge to act upon that feeling. .you want to express your feelings towards that person..it's a force we can't ignore or control..sometimes it hits you hard and sometimes it's subtle. .'it can come all at once or whisper from a distance'(Celine Dion couldn't have put it any better!)..the feeling develops into love and as society demands you have to be married to legalize your union..I for one don't believe you need to sign a paper to prove your love to your partner. .I see it as a formality because whatever you feel is in your heart and your dedication and commitment to your relationship would manifest in/by your actions...
              I'm saying this because people rush into marriage just cos they feel that is the right thing to do to cement your relationship and it causes more harm than good..being with the 'wrong' person can knock you for six..that's why people cheat..if you don't feel fulfilled in your relationship the possibility of you looking for fulfillment elsewhere is inevitable..it's so easy to do cos once someone makes you feel good about your self, you find yourself wanting more and more of it..lets be real here..we all want to be loved..who doesn't want to be taken care of?..and i don't necessarily mean material things,though that's also how some people like to be 'loved'..money makes the world go round and so of cos you'll like to enjoy some pleasures of life which costs money..it's nice when someone takes off your shoes for you when you come home from work,tired..they give u a massage..serve you your food..you don't have to be in any type of relationship with anyone to be nice..that shouldn't define who you are as a person..be nice regardless..people go through shit and one act of kindness can make a world of difference to them..it's the little things that mean the most..where did chivalry go?...building a life with someone you like is a beautiful thing..or rather it should be a beautiful thing..
                 I don't think people just get up and want to be with someone for any negative reason except you're bonkers and that's not what we are talking about now..we don't choose who we fall for..you can meet anyone anywhere. .there's nothing like the 'wrong one' or the 'right one'..as long as the person loves you right,you're good to go..'when the wrong one loves you right' is a line i remember from another Celine Dion song ..I can't remember the whole song but that line has always struck me as true because everyone wants to be loved differently and when you find someone who does that, be it anybody,even someone society deems 'wrong', you find yourself being content...I have come to a conclusion that nothing can make you happy unless you are loved the way you want..I am sarpiosexual and ofcos I'm attracted to the intelligence in a person..intellectual convos stimulate my senses..and my hormones start raging !..I like to cuddle..I like walking on it beach at night with my partner.you can say I'm a romantic...not a hopeless one though cos i also like raw jungle stuff like swinging on chandeliers..*wink wink*..hehehehehe(naughty-chuckle!).. hugging is the most orgasmic human to human act ever!..it communicates genuine feelings like no other ..you can't fake body language..that's what I think.. Don't underestimate the power of body language and communication..running away from vulnerability won't spare you any heartache cos as long as we are on this planet we are bound to have human interactions..no man is an island so don't get it twisted..whether you put labels on your relationships or not...if you're not willing to go through the process of untangling your cords every second you need to use them, you have no business building anything with anyone..seems impossible though ..a catch22 situation...it's like being caught between a rock and a hard place .you're stuck!...hmmmm!....I can only sigh mehn...
        This blog also came about due to the recent break-up of most marriages between some celebrities and the most shocking and upsetting was the one of Chris Attoh and Damilola..not just because I've known Chris for so long as a result of us being school mates and friends but also because they made a beautiful couple. .they were young and looked good together..both are so talented in their careers..they made sacrifices to build their relationships but sadly it didn't end well...I don't know what the last straw was that broke their camel's back..because ofcos they must have had lots of issues..which relationship doesn't! ..but sometimes it gets too much and you feel going your separate a ways is the best thing to do..
          I don't know if we'll ever get the hang of this phenomenon(i choose to call it so)...but as long as all these forces like chemistry live with us we're bound to go through it.. I love love..I really do...sharing your thoughts,plans,beliefs with someone is oh so orgasmic..the squirting type!...hmm hmmm hmm hmmm!!!...and then there's the other ugly side of it..cyant live with it,cyant live without it(in my Jamaican accent!..hehehehhe..)..abeg make i express myself well in my native way...'the thing dey sweet!..but E get im own things wey e dey bring oo..chale how we go do am!..
            As always all my blogs stem from the desire to impart to everyone what I've learned in life and I'm open to your comments cos I want to learn more..I have an insatiable craving for knowledge..I thirst for multiple intellectual orgasms..I wana squirt and squirt and squirt till i can squirt no more!. .and I wana share it with u...*make you no slack koraa!*..you only live once...#yolo...shalom.

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

To compare relationships with tangled earphones was on point you have a unique and eloquent way of speaking to the world. And I am glad I am one of many who can listen. Keep writing;keep speaking

mztooknow said...

Thanx babes!xxx