1. You guys should learn how to communicate with each other. I don't mean just talking, but actually expressing things for the other to understand your soul.
2. People think love is just that little occasionally fleeting feeling we feel for someone. Those feelings come and go. Love is a verb..you have to show it,voice it out for the other person to know exactly what's in your head.
3. People don't take time to know themselves first before entering into a relationship and expect the other person to automatically understand them and love them. If you know yourself you will know your standards,your love language and CHOOSE people who align with those things.
4. When you get too attached to people you tend to have unreasonable unrealistic expectations of them and when they're not met you get disappointed and dissatisfied. Remember you need to look out for yourself wherever you find yourself cos your happiness lies solely in your own hands.
5. When you start to get to know each other,focus on compatibility. .and I don't mean having things like the same meal in common..e.g we both went to the same school,we both love kokonte,we both love color blue. Look for intangibles like honesty (about the good and bad),transparency, accessibility (how easy is it to talk to the person).
6. Lastly ,learn to walk away from things that costs you your peace of mind. Our mental health is our wealth and success, not material things.